Thursday, August 26, 2010

Artistically Challenged?

Artistically CHALLENGED?

I *LOVE* art. Art is the fundamental reason I was able to survive home school and later on, my first three years of college. Through all of the science, math, english, comp, literature, language, lunch, psychology, etc etc- through all of those monotonous classes there was always time for art.

I love walking into craft and hobby stores because it's here where all of the ideas for creating masterpieces start. Walking down the aisles and "oooh"ing and "Aha!"ing over all of the different colors, the different mediums, the different ideas, all rushing "Oh I could use this to make a skirt and a hat.... AND SHOES!!!" or "I need this for my painting!" or "I need a bigger canvas." or "I need a bigger *car*!"... well the list could go on forever... The one thing that doesn't require you to think can usually cause you to retreat into a pensive slum that comes from finally putting your paints down, sticking a bunch of newspaper on the expensive wooden table, carefully sizing up your blank canvas and (after debating which color to use first!) making the first stripe. Or dot, depending upon how long you hesitated with your brush hanging off your hand like a idiot, immobilized by the unanswered question: What am I gonna paint? 

For all of your inspirational needs, 
~Victoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment