Friday, August 6, 2010

New Beginnings

Okay, most of you will know that we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints once you read the title... but just to make sure everyone is on the same page... ^_^



My name is Victoria, and I am a Mormon girl :)
(And yes, I only have one mom, thank you very much!)

When you hear the word "Mormon" in a casual conversation, what do you think? I think "WHOA, THERE'S ANOTHER MEMBER HERE?!" Usually if you listen into a testimony meeting for youth conferences or Especially For Youth, you hear kids say that they are the only members of the Church in their school or their family. My family has the unique opportunity to say that we are members in a place where the nearest church meeting is in a completely different city more than half and hour away. Some people call it psychotic, I call it rural Minnesota! I love creativity, learning, and living life to the fullest (and usually craziest!). My sister... well.. she can introduce herself!

And my name is Cody.
I am a Mormon girl as well. Yes, I do get a lot of funny looks and comments because of my name, but I have learned to live with them. It makes me unique. :) I love books. I finish at LEAST one book a week, sometimes more(it depends on the book. For instance, I finished Goose Girl by Shannon Hale in just over 24 hours.) I am such a big reader, that four years ago I decided I wanted to be a writer, and have been writing every day ever since(well, almost every day. :P). Other than my love of the written word, I also enjoy art, and lots of it. Anything that involves glue, paint, or a carving knife, and I'm all over it. Or all over me, in some cases. Today I decided to build a really pimped doll house, and so I will be working on that for the next few days.(It already looks AWESOME by the way... However, the house is a bit of a mess from my cardboard/paint frenzy. But hey, art should never be clean, right?)

We hope you enjoy and we totally expect and welcome you to learn more about us and our beyond average lives!


"As you stand as a witness, obey the commandments, and press forward with “a steadfastness in Christ,” you will never be alone."

Elaine S. Dalton, “At All Times, in All Things, and in All Places,” Liahona, May 2008, 116–18

No comments:

Post a Comment