Thursday, August 19, 2010

When you're sick.....

Hello all! Yup, this is Cody again.

Last week my brother was sick with Strep throat. He had a fever, trouble eating because it hurt to swallow, and slept a lot because he felt TERRIBLE!
      Now me and Vicki are sick with it. Somehow we found a way, probably through that psychotic mental link of ours, to share the symptoms between us. So she has the fatigue and headache, and I have a sore throat. Somehow whenever sickness goes through our house, I always handle it best.
      Still though, I feel like I have gargled sand, and my voice is scratchy. Other than those minor annoyances, I am as healthy as ever! (I am prepared to eat my own words, just in case it gets worse in the next few days.)
      Yesterday was a lazy day for me. I wore my pajamas all day simply because I wasn't going anywhere anyway. Also, there is our county fair going on less than a block away, so there are people's cars surrounding our house, because we have the best parking spots in town right out our front door. In my utter boredom, I decided to play up my 'sickness', which meant using my creative skills to make it look like I hadn't slept in weeks and was carrying a potentially fatal illness, as I wasn't planning on leaving the house.
My mom asked me to go outside and fetch our cat, who was getting a bit too close to the people walking by, and more importantly, the people's cars. (Our cat likes to climb into cars when the owners aren't looking, and we would prefer that we didn't send fair goers away with extra baggage.)
As I stepped out the front door, I passed two women who gave me a VERY wide berth. They looked at me as if I was a walking corpse, a mixture of horror and disdain, so maybe my attempt at imitating the flu appeared more akin to the Bubonic plague. hehehe. I am so proud. ^_^

Later! <3 <3 <3 


     

2 comments:

  1. It is not Strep Throat but Coxsackievirus....and yes, you will live. Really, I didn't notice you looked that bad at all. Is that a good thing, or bad? Love, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks are not always what they seem. :P Of course I will live! I am not melodramatic enough to think otherwise! I love you too! lol Love, Cody

    ReplyDelete